A subject that I enjoyed studying this semester? My first thought was Discurso y Significación, just because I find it pretty cool, there, we basically analyze language and culture, the teacher actually made a feminist turn that I did not expect, but I liked it (sort of...women and the language culture). But, thinking it through a little more, I'm going to say that the subject that I most enjoyed this semester, so far, is Taller de Realización, that, I would call it a type of workshop.
It didn't happend, for obvious reasons, but the workshop was suppose to go like this: one week the teachers make a presentation about some subject in the film-making world and give us a task (a video, I'm in film and TV, so it cannot be other way), and that task will be review next week, within the whole section, and so, on, and on. The first task they assigned us was to make a video that described your partner, they paired up the section, some of us knew each other, but others didn't, and for me at least was fun. We manage to deliver two tasks, then we had the recess week and then...
Well, what I like of this class is the conversation that comes up with the different exercises, from my classmates and me. So if it's your work in the projection, yeah, you receive criticism (always with respect), but also compliments, and is so much more meaningful coming from your peers. The teacher of the section says some things.
I also like that, in the presentations of a new subject, the whole generation is in the auditorium, the four sections are mixed up, and so are the teachers. All the teacher have their moment to speak, show a clip of a movie or documentry and start the development of the topic from the reflexions of the clip that we just watched.
Becauase of that is that I like the Taller de Realización.
Sounds like a lot of fun! As I am from Journalism I don't know much about its subjects but it sounds great, I think I would also enjoy that class a lot if it was about cinema.
ResponderEliminarDiscurso y Significación it's a subject I definitely didn't enjoy, but Taller de realizacion, sounds pretty interesting, although I'm a journalism man and I personally don't understand much about cinema.
ResponderEliminar